||Questions You Might Ask Your Potential Attorney
Entering into an attorney client relationship is an important process. Knowing what to ask a prospective attorney is an essential element of the process. Below are some sample questions to keep in mind when considering who should represent you.
- What is your experience in this area of law?
- If you do not practice in this area of law, could you recommend a lawyer who does?
- Would you provide me with references?
- What are your rates and how often will you bill me?
- Approximately how long will it take to resolve my case?
- How will you keep me informed of progress?
- How can I contact you?
- Who can I talk to if you are unavailable?
- Who else in the office will be working on my case?
- What are my alternatives in resolving the case?
- Do you recommend mediation or arbitration?
- What can I do to help the case?